Thursday 10 August 2017
The ‘seven things’ published on 4 August 2017 by The Scottish Government outlines how we can help employers of all sizes develop their workforce for the future and dispels some of the myths around apprenticeships and the Levy, in particular:
- The Apprenticeship system in Scotland isn’t the same as other parts of the UK.
- Scotland’s Apprenticeships system is flexible.
- Employers influence the design and priorities of the skills, training and employability system in Scotland.
- All employers in Scotland can access Apprenticeships.
- In Scotland, Levy paying employers can access training and skills programmes.
- The Scottish Government does not have the powers to introduce an exemption to the UK Apprenticeship Levy for Scotland-based employers.
- The UK Apprenticeship Levy does not provide a new stream of funding to the Scottish Government.